The recipient of this gift will have one hearty bowl of soup, that will chase away the chills on a blustery winter's day. Suggest they have it with a salad or roll for a satisfying meal.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 2 tablespoons uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 tablespoons.
- To prepare soup: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place soup mix. Pour boiling water over mix; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chicken and Rice Soup Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p174
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Soup Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2012
"toomuch sodium in one cup of soup"