- poach, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken from cooking liquid;
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and remaining ginger to a boil. Stir
- in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool. Add the peas, onions, celery and
- peppers. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; add to rice mixture and
- Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 350 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.