Chicken and Rice Dinner Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Dredge chicken in flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides over medium heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken without skin with 3/4 cup rice mixture equals 541 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Dinner
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.