Chicken and Rice Dinner Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Dredge chicken in flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides over medium heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
4-1/2 ounce-weight: 541 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Dinner
"My kids love this dish. It is so easy to put together. Just pop it in oven and dinner is ready soon."
"Printed this recipe out. I like that it doesn't use canned soup!!!!"
"My six year old son had a friend over for supper when I made this last and they each had 4 pieces of chicken!! An instant family favorite. I look forward to adding wild rice next time."
"This was perfect. I like that it doesn't use precooked ingredients or canned soup."
"I have a recipe similar but use Cream of Mushroom soup instead of the water.bsm56"
"This is similar to a recipe my Mom made when I was a child...my family still loves it! But, instead of water, I use chicken broth. Yum!"
"I thought this recipe was delicious. I had all the ingredients at home except for the Fresh parsley( i minced garlic and chopped scallions) I'd like to tell you somethng else I did but then the recipe would not be MY OWN LOL"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.