My family lines up seconds of this hearty main dish from my mother-in-law, Mary Lou Baumert—a great cook! In this easy tasty recipe, the chicken bakes to a beautiful golden brown.—Denise Baumert, Dalhart, Texas
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- Dredge chicken in flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Rice Dinner in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review