Chicken and Rice Chow Mein
I sometimes make this recipe with leftover chicken and rice. My children keep me running most of the day, so a quick casserole for dinner helps smooth out bumps in our schedule.—Beth Pallwitz, Tacoma, Washington
3-4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, celery and onion in oil until
- chicken is no longer pink. Add the soup, soy sauce and ginger; cook
- and stir until bubbly. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with
- noodles. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are crisp. Yield:
- 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 298 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,100 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon