- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, celery and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the soup, soy sauce and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with noodles. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are crisp. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Chow Mein Chicken in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p304
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Chow Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2008
this all-in-1 chinese meal is just as good as the resturants. and the chow-mein noodles give it a nice crunch.