Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups cooked white rice or a combination of wild and white rice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Sprinkle with potato chips and paprika. Bake 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 439 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Casserole
"family favorite and feeds a hoard, Good too with broccoli vs peas and 1 tsp cumin mixed with soups, whole new taste. I layer mine, chicken, broccoli, rice and spread soup over top. Can't beat this recipe."
"Prepared this dish with a few changes and it was great. Saute onion, celery, red bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil, then reduced down white wine and chicken broth. Season to taste with salt, etc. Stir soy sauce into soup mixture and finish the recipe as directed. Very good."
"Made this for my Mom. We loved the crunch. Great recipe"
"This dish was bland. Needed a lot more seasoning. It would be much better with the right spices."
"My five guests enjoyed this very much and I am already making it again...one week after the first time I made it. Delicious and easy."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.