- 4 cups cooked white rice or a combination of wild and white rice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with potato chips and paprika. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Rice Casserole in Reminisce Spring 1991, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review