- 4 cups cooked white rice or a combination of wild and white rice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with potato chips and paprika. Bake 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Casserole
Sort By :
"Made this for my Mom. We loved the crunch. Great recipe"
"This dish was bland. Needed a lot more seasoning. It would be much better with the right spices."
"My five guests enjoyed this very much and I am already making it again...one week after the first time I made it. Delicious and easy."