- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine rice and water. In a large bowl, combine the soups, soup mix and peas; stir into rice mixture. Spread over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with parsley. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p33
Reviews for Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2014
"Add lemon juice and spice up the chicken and rice mixture with seasoning blends like dill or Italian or Greek."
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2012
"Had no taste - very bland!!!!!"