- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 canned whole green chilies, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time; shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and chilies in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of soup mixture over vegetables.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Red Potatoes
Sort By :
"Michele, this looks awesome. BTW if you check in, are you related to any of the Tranthams from Spring Creek, N.C. it is between Waynesville and Hot Springs on 209. Just curious. That's where my Father is from. I live in Newport, Tennessee. I can't wait to try this recipe."
"My family loved this recipe. I did make some changes. I used 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP milk and I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs instead of breasts. I also cooked 1 hour on high and 4 1/2 hours on low. Will make again."
"This is a great one pot meal with chicken. I did used a small chopped sweet onion instead of the green chilies and then cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of onion soup. Instead of chicken seasoning just use 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. of onion powder. Didn't use the rosemary. The veggies do need to be pre-cooked a bit as they aren't done when the chicken is. Can't cook the chicken longer as it will dry out."
"I liked the flavor of this meal. My husband doesn't like green chilies so I left those out and added some slices of onion. I cut the potatoes into approximately 2" chunks and everything was perfectly cooked after 5 hours on high. I also didn't have any rosemary so I left that out, too."
"I nixed the green chilles, and put in Epicure Holiday spice instead of Rosemary, and a dash of white wine !!~~~***"