Chicken and Red Potatoes Recipe
Try this moist and tender chicken-and-potato dish with its creamy, scrumptious gravy tonight! Just fix it in the morning, then forget about it until dinner time. —Michele Trantham, Waynesville, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 canned whole green chilies, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time; shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and chilies in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of soup mixture over vegetables.
- 3. Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with 1-1/2 cups vegetable mixture equals 451 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,046 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC