Chicken and Potato Bake
"On evenings I'm busy helping our two kids with homework and don't have time to spend in the kitchen, I rely on this easy recipe," relates Debbi Mullins of Canoga Park, California. Italian dressing gives fast flavor to the juicy chicken and tender potatoes in this satisfying supper.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange
- potatoes around chicken. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with
- Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30
- minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and chicken juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 607 calories, 35 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.