- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups diced cooked pork
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Additional oil for deep-fat frying
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large nonstick wok, stir-fry the cabbage, celery, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, pork, broth, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Position an egg roll wrapper with one point toward you. Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with beaten egg; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a saucepan, combine the first five sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into boiling mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm with egg rolls. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken and Pork Egg Rolls
Sort By :
"I have not made this yet but they sound wonderful was curious how well they wld freeze to thaw and cook for later?"
"The eggrolls and Duk Sauce were divine! I surprised my soon-to-be-inlaws and friends with this recipe!! Will continue to make it for years to come!"
"These egg rolls were better than any I've had in a restaurant in a long time. Admittedly, I made several changes. I omitted the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and in their place added bean sprouts and grated carrot. I also omitted the pork and instead doubled the chicken. The only thing I'll do differently next time is add just a touch more soy sauce to the filling. Looking forward to making these many more times!"
"Instead of frying my homemade egg rolls, I heat my oven to 450 and brush both sides with a little of olive oil Bake for 10min then flip and bake another 10min. Then they aren't soaking up as much oil."
"The Chicken and Pork Egg Rolls are delicious, however, I found the cabbage a bit overpowering so I subsituted with around 4 cups of bean sprouts. The sauce is amazing!"