- In a large nonstick wok, stir-fry the cabbage, celery, bamboo shoots,
- water chestnuts and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, pork, broth, soy sauce,
- salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Position an egg roll wrapper with one point toward you. Place about
- 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center. Fold bottom corner over filling;
- fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining
- point. Moisten top corner with beaten egg; press to seal. Repeat
- with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- egg rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a saucepan, combine the first five sauce ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into
- boiling mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve warm with egg rolls. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer