- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 5 pineapple slices, halved
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add the pineapple juice, broth, vinegar, soy sauce and oil until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with soy sauce and ginger. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Combine the cucumber, onion, celery and chicken.
- Pour chilled sauce over chicken; toss to coat. Just before serving, line salad plates with lettuce if desired. Arrange chicken salad and pineapple over lettuce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Pineapple Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p47
Reviews for Chicken and Pineapple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review