Chicken and Peas with Pasta Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, saute chicken in oil over medium heat until browned. Add onion, pepper and garlic; saute until tender. Add peas, broth, cream, Italian seasoning and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese; simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with walnuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 450 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Peas with Pasta
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.