Chicken and Peas with Pasta Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, saute chicken in oil over medium heat until browned. Add onion, pepper and garlic; saute until tender. Add peas, broth, cream, Italian seasoning and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese; simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with walnuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 450 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Peas with Pasta
"I thought this was easy to make and my kids loved it. I would make this again"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.