Chicken and Peas with Pasta
This creamy noodle dinner has a savory, satisfying flavor that just says "home". Unfortunately, everyone likes it so much there are never any leftovers!
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, saute chicken in oil over medium heat until
- browned. Add onion, pepper and garlic; saute until tender. Add peas,
- broth, cream, Italian seasoning and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese; simmer
- for 5 minutes. Garnish with walnuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 450 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium,