Chicken and Pear Tossed Salad Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add walnuts to the skillet; saute for 1 minute. Add green onions and saute until tender. Stir in the vinegar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in the salt, pepper and remaining oil.
- 2. Place the salad greens in a large bowl. Add the pears, chicken and walnut mixture; toss. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.