Chicken and Pear Salad
Turn everyday greens into a spectacular salad by adding chicken, red pepper and sliced pears. This makes a hearty lunch—or add some bread and soup for dinner. Yum! Sarita Johnston - San Antonio, TX
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1-1/4 cups sliced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Divide salad greens among four plates. Top with chicken, red pepper
- and pears. Sprinkle with pepper; serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 325 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.