Chicken and Orzo Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic seasoning blend. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, broth, orzo, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken and Orzo Skillet(14)
Sort By :
Simple enough for my husband to make! Tasted good!
I made this tonight with a few changes because I didn't have everything I needed.
After cooking the chicken I deglazed the pan with a little red wine. I used a 10 oz can of Rotell diced tomatoes with green chiles and added a small can of tomato sauce. Used frozen brocolli and it was out of this world. I would make this again.
I didn't have spinach, so I used green beans instead. It was a well-received meal by my family and easy to put together. I'll make sure I have spinach next time to give it a try.
Spinach over shadows all. Spinach is my favorite vegetable but this was toooooo much.
This had great flavor and will definitely be a meal I make again! Next time I think I'll add a can of diced tomatoes, drained to give it a bit more tomato flavor, but that's just my preference. Still a great dish the way it is.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >