Chicken and Orzo Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic seasoning blend. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, broth, orzo, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken and Orzo Skillet
Sort By :
I made this last night for dinner as groceries were running low but I happened to have everything this receipe called for, I was very impressed with the simplicity and flavor. Will make again. Only changes was I had to use chicken bouillion 2 per 1cup of water, and fresh spinach. Also stirred it up every 5mins of it simmering so it wouldnt stick to the pan. Like other orzo reciepes do to me if i let it be. Thanks again!
Simple enough for my husband to make! Tasted good!
I made this tonight with a few changes because I didn't have everything I needed.
After cooking the chicken I deglazed the pan with a little red wine. I used a 10 oz can of Rotell diced tomatoes with green chiles and added a small can of tomato sauce. Used frozen brocolli and it was out of this world. I would make this again.
I didn't have spinach, so I used green beans instead. It was a well-received meal by my family and easy to put together. I'll make sure I have spinach next time to give it a try.
Spinach over shadows all. Spinach is my favorite vegetable but this was toooooo much.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >