Chicken and Olive Mole Casserole Recipe
- 2 large onions, finely chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute 1 cup onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to low. Add the garlic, salt, oregano, cumin and cinnamon; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in chili powder and flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Cook until mixture is reduced to 3 cups, about 35 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and 1/2 cup sauce mixture. Spread 1/2 cup sauce mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the tortillas, chicken mixture, remaining onion and olives; top with 1 cup sauce and 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken and Olive Mole Casserole
Sort By :
"This sounds very good, but an easier recipe would be to just buy the jarred Mole sauce which is just as good. All you have to do is mix it with some chicen broth. It would cut out all those extra ingredients"
"Looks really yummy!!You can also have a look to this: apna-tadka.blogspot.com"