Chicken and Noodles with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter; drain. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, wine, garlic powder, salt and pepper; pour over the chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles or rice. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,036 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Noodles with Mushroom Sauce
"I made this for a large group of people (I tripled the recipe) and everyone loved it; even the kids!"
"Very easy. I served it with stove top stuffing and used the sauce over stuffing. Made it super simple."
"I've made this recipe many times. We love it served over rice. This is my teenaged daughter's favorite dish!"
"This is delicious! I left out the mushrooms and almonds though. I will be putting this into the rotation."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.