Chicken and Noodles with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter; drain. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, wine, garlic powder, salt and pepper; pour over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles or rice. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Noodles with Mushroom Sauce(3)
Sort By :
Very easy. I served it with stove top stuffing and used the sauce over stuffing. Made it super simple.
I've made this recipe many times. We love it served over rice. This is my teenaged daughter's favorite dish!
This is delicious! I left out the mushrooms and almonds though. I will be putting this into the rotation.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >