Chicken and Mushroom Dinner Recipe
—Bernie Bellin, Franklin, Wisconsin
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooked rice or pasta
- 1. In a large heavy skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Remove chicken; drain excess fat. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir in soup. Cook and stir to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 2. Add sour cream or yogurt, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until well blended. Add chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer over very low heat until tender, about 45 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in mushrooms and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 249 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC