- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooked rice or pasta
- In a large heavy skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Remove chicken; drain excess fat. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir in soup. Cook and stir to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add sour cream or yogurt, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until well blended. Add chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer over very low heat until tender, about 45 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in mushrooms and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Mushroom Dinner
Sort By :
"Sounds mighty fine. As suggested, may add Worcestshire Sauce, definitely green bell pepper, and frozen vegetables. Perhaps even herbs like basil and oregano."
"My family totally loves this recipe!"
"This was bland in taste and color. So I added broccoli pieces for more color. I added some worcestershire sauce and dried red peppers to add flavor."