Crisp tortilla bowls transform fruity chicken salad into an eye-catching dish, suitable for a special lunch or party. What a fun, convenient way to make a salad into a meal.—Ronna Farley, Rockville, Maryland
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, sour cream, salsa, corn and green pepper. Chill until serving.
- Place six 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups upside down in a 15-in.x 10-in.x 1-in. baking pan. Lightly spray warm tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place over prepared ramekins, pinching sides to form bowl shapes.
- Bake on the ramekins at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from ramekins to wire racks.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken and chili powder in butter until heated through. Spoon cabbage mixture into tortilla bowls; top with chicken, mango and cilantro. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Mango Tortilla Bowls in Country Woman February/March 2012, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken and Mango Tortilla Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review