Chicken and Mandarin Oranges Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, ginger and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Drain oranges, reserving juice. Stir juice, onion and red pepper flakes into skillet. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Place chicken over rice; keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for about 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Add mandarin oranges; heat through. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 202 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 fruit
Reviews for Chicken and Mandarin Oranges
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.