Chicken and Julienned Veggies
Thyme seasons this quick skillet entree from Lois Crissman of Mansfield, Ohio. She serves the tender browned chicken breasts, colorful sliced carrot and zucchini and savory sauce over spaghetti for a pleasing pasta meal.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. In a bowl, combine the
- soup, milk, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over chicken.
- Add carrot. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Add zucchini; cover and simmer 5 minutes longer or
- until chicken is no longer pink. Serve over spaghetti if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 2/3 cup vegetable mixture, calculated without spaghetti) equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable,