Chicken and Julienned Veggies Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. In a bowl, combine the soup, milk, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over chicken. Add carrot. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini; cover and simmer 5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 261 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Chicken and Julienned Veggies
"Other than being high is sodium this was very good. Quick and easy. I eliminated the 1/4 teaspoon salt and it was still very tasty. Will make this again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.