Chicken and Herbs
Judy Sargent of Rome, New York sent the recipe for this moist and tender chicken. Nicely seasoned with a variety of herbs, it's easy to prepare...but seems special enough for company.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Arrange chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Whisk together the oil, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, rosemary,
- pepper, sage, marjoram and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally. Remove and discard
- skin from chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle with juice. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 1 tablespoon juice) equals 240 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium,