Judy Sargent of Rome, New York sent the recipe for this moist and tender chicken. Nicely seasoned with a variety of herbs, it's easy to prepare...but seems special enough for company.
Recommended: 23 Chicken and Vegetable Recipes
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Arrange chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Whisk together the oil, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, rosemary, pepper, sage, marjoram and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally. Remove and discard skin from chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle with juice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Herbs in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Herbs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2008
"Very good. My husband said that it tasted like something from a restaurant."