Chicken and Ham Lasagna Recipe
This creamy version of lasagna goes over great at community get-togethers. My husband doesn't like broccoli, so I often substitute zucchini and yellow squash from our garden. I precook the squash before adding it to the mushroom mixture. -Pamela Grady, Inman, South Carolina
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the broccoli, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 2. Spread 2 cups broccoli mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles, overlapping if needed. Layer with 2 cups broccoli mixture, 1-1/2 cups of ham, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, four noodles, 2 cups broccoli mixture, chicken, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, four noodles and remaining broccoli mixture, Swiss cheese and ham.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 362 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Ham Lasagna
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC