Chicken and Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Place potatoes and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the tarragon, sage, salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Cut the top off the garlic bulb (the end that comes to a closed point) so each clove is exposed.
- 2. Place cut side up in the baking dish. Drizzle oil over garlic and chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and garlic is soft.
- 3. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Cool garlic for 5 minutes; gently squeeze garlic into a small bowl and lightly mash. Toss garlic with potatoes and onion; arrange around chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared without salt) equals 281 calories, 70 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 29 gm protein, 10 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken and Garlic Potatoes
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.