- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place potatoes and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the tarragon, sage, salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Cut the top off the garlic bulb (the end that comes to a closed point) so each clove is exposed.
- Place cut side up in the baking dish. Drizzle oil over garlic and chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and garlic is soft.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Cool garlic for 5 minutes; gently squeeze garlic into a small bowl and lightly mash. Toss garlic with potatoes and onion; arrange around chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Garlic Potatoes
Sort By :
"Gollum made several accounts to leave bad comments about this recipe and any other that includes potatoes as he believes they spoil a perfectly good piece of meat. I can assure you that this recipe is delicious (when raw and wriggling)! I usually dip my meat and potatoes in a dressing such as honey mustard or ranch."
"We really liked this recipe. It was delicious, and not too overwhelming. This is coming from a girl who is not a big fan of onion or garlic either."
"My son loved this recipe. My husband thought was a bit bland. I will add some more garlic and maybe some italian dressing or something to give it some more flavor next time."
"I did soooooo much fixing up to this recipe and it was not worth it. My husband called it ugly bland chicken and potatoes!"
" why was it terrible? was there something you think would do to make it better?