Originally my father-in-law's invention, this home-style oven entree is one we never tire of. I've made a few improvisations with seasonings to suit the next generation's tastes.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place potatoes and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the tarragon, sage, salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Cut the top off the garlic bulb (the end that comes to a closed point) so each clove is exposed.
- Place cut side up in the baking dish. Drizzle oil over garlic and chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and garlic is soft.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Cool garlic for 5 minutes; gently squeeze garlic into a small bowl and lightly mash. Toss garlic with potatoes and onion; arrange around chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Garlic Potatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Garlic Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review