Chicken and Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place potatoes and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the tarragon, sage, salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Cut the top off the garlic bulb (the end that comes to a closed point) so each clove is exposed.
- Place cut side up in the baking dish. Drizzle oil over garlic and chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and garlic is soft.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Cool garlic for 5 minutes; gently squeeze garlic into a small bowl and lightly mash. Toss garlic with potatoes and onion; arrange around chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Garlic Potatoes(5)
Sort By :
We really liked this recipe. It was delicious, and not too overwhelming. This is coming from a girl who is not a big fan of onion or garlic either.
My son loved this recipe. My husband thought was a bit bland. I will add some more garlic and maybe some italian dressing or something to give it some more flavor next time.
I did soooooo much fixing up to this recipe and it was not worth it. My husband called it ugly bland chicken and potatoes!
why was it terrible? was there something you think would do to make it better?
This recipe was terrible.....sorry!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Garlic Chicken >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >