Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen French-cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2/3 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and 1/2 cup broth until smooth. Stir in water and remaining broth. Add beans, onions, carrots and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add chicken; return to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix biscuit mix, cornmeal and cheese. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop batter in 12 portions on top of the simmering soup. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of dumpling comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Dumpling Soup(12)
Sort By :
I am a big fan of rotisserie chickens and this is a great way to use any leftover meat. I also like to make broth from the bones which is much more flavorful than canned. I love the addition of cornmeal to the dumplings.
I used leftover chicken, substituted thyme for marjoram, and added a 1/4 tsp Frankenmuth chicken seasoning. The results were excellent and every bowl was empty! I will definitely make this recipe again.
I used my own traditional family favorite chicken soup and topped it with the corn cheddar biscuits. Simply amazing! Who would have thought corn and cheddar would make such scrumptious dumplings?
This is a tasty soup recipe. I finished cooking the soup in the crock pot and added thyme and basil instead of marjoram. I made my dumplings bite size.
Loved this recipe, and the fact that it is low fat makes it a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dumpling Soup >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >