Chicken and Corn Medley Recipe
I usually make this in the summer when all the vegetables are fresh from our garden, My family loves the "zip" in this dish...I like the fact that they're getting a wholesome meal.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked noodles or rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until chicken is no longer pink; remove and set aside. In the drippings, saute onion until tender.
- Toss mushrooms with lemon juice. Add mushroom mixture to the skillet; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, mustard, basil, oregano, cayenne pepper, remaining salt and pepper and chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, tomatoes and green pepper; simmer for 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with noodles or rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Corn Medley in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken and Corn Medley(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review