Chicken and Cheddar Tortilla Bake Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin and salt in 1 tablespoon oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Combine the refried beans and tomatoes; spread 1 cup into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with 24 tortilla strips; layer with half of the corn, bean mixture, chicken and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Using remaining tortilla strips, make a lattice crust over filling; brush with remaining oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 4. Serve immediately or, before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months.
- 5. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake according to directions. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 570 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,467 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Cheddar Tortilla Bake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.