- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup, onion, salt and pepper; set aside. In a saucepan, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and olives. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the tomato sauce mixture; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Enchiladas in Country Woman May/June 1999, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken and Cheddar Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review