Chicken and Cashews Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salted cashew halves
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice. Yield: 1-2 servings.
1 cup: 474 calories, 29g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1229mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Cashews
"one of my husband's favorites- use Asian spice mix from Simply Gourmet"
"I had to add more sugar and finally spices until I liked it."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer