Chicken and Cashews
My husband and I enjoy Thai food, and we count this recipe among our favorites. It's tasty without being spicy.
1-2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salted cashew halves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and soy sauce until
- smooth; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until
- crisp-tender. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Stir in soy
- sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 474 calories, 29 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,229 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer