- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salted cashew halves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Cashews in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p178
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken and Cashews
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2012
one of my husband's favorites- use Asian spice mix from Simply Gourmet
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2010
I had to add more sugar and finally spices until I liked it.