Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3-1/4 cups water, divided
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry the carrots and broccoli for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add 3 cups water to the pan; bring to a boil. Add bouillon; stir until dissolved. Reduce heat. Add soy sauce, ginger, chicken and vegetables; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Combine the cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup rice) equals 421 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,123 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
"This was easy and I had all the ingredients on hand, no shopping. I added extra soy sauce and garlic powder based on other reviews. Nice flavor."
"This was pretty good and easy. I served it with pan fried noodles and rice. Next time I will add more ginger and pepper flakes. Overall, would recommend!"
"I added an oriental vegetable mix. Delicious!! will surely keep this one!"
"Useful weeknight recipe. Added garlic powder and paprika to chicken while cooking. Sauce needs more ginger and soy sauce."
"Very good. May add some garlic the next time I make it."
"This recipe tastes fantastic..I added more vegetables and some garlic,also some sesame oil..it brought the flavour right out.. I added it to my keepers..I will make this again.."