Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Julienned carrots and broccoli florets brighten this delectable dish from Kris Lundberg of Baldwin, Wisconsin. "This is a guilt-free meal," she informs. "The fat content is minimal, there's no reason not enjoy dessert afterward!"
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3-1/4 cups water, divided
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil until no
- longer pink. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry the carrots and broccoli
- for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 3 cups water to the pan; bring to a boil. Add bouillon; stir
- until dissolved. Reduce heat. Add soy sauce, ginger, chicken and
- vegetables; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Combine the
- cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over
- rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup rice) equals 421 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,123 mg sodium,