Chicken and Broccoli Roll-ups Recipe
The subtle taste of Swiss cheese and the seasonings used in this recipe blend together so well that they seem to suit most anybody's taste.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened to 1/8-inch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 to 12 spears fresh broccoli, blanched
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a skillet, brown chicken breasts in oil on one side. On each unbrowned side, place 1 piece of Swiss cheese and 1 to 2 spears of broccoli. Roll up (secure with a toothpick if desired); set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour and stir to make a smooth paste. Gradually add broth and milk; stir until thick. Add basil, celery salt and pepper.
- Place half of the sauce in the bottom of greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Place chicken rolls over sauce. Cover with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Broccoli Roll-ups in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p55
Reviews for Chicken and Broccoli Roll-ups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review