Chicken and Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, cook chicken and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli. Divide among pastry shells.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Editor's Note: Ground chicken may be found in many grocery stores. Or you may finely chop chicken in a food processor or meat grinder.
1 piece: 213 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.