Frozen puff pastry makes these rich and creamy appetizers a snap to prepare. Sometimes, instead of chopping the tomatoes, I put a slice on top of each cup before popping them in the oven. —Marty Kingery of Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into four strips and widthwise into three strips. Gently press puff pastry squares into muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon chicken mixture into pastry cups. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Broccoli Chicken Cups in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken and Broccoli Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review