Chicken and Broccoli Company Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting the butter. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the rice, broccoli, chicken, ham, cheddar cheese and mushrooms.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and curry powder. Spread evenly over top of casserole; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 318 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,129 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.