“I first made this recipe when I was a professional nanny,” writes Danette Forbes of Overland Park, Kansas. “It comes together quickly at dinnertime when the kids are hungry.”
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook chicken and red pepper in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Stir in the soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled mixture in freezer containers. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to an ungreased shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Bows in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p41
Reviews for Chicken and Bows
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review