Chicken and Bows Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook chicken and red pepper in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Bows(28)
Sort By :
An average meal for us. I wanted much more flavor. It is filling and a quick fix for busy weeknights for sure.
Very easy to make. Might add chopped carrots next time. I omitted the butter, subbed fat free milk and reduced fat soup.
I added green onions only because I love them, very easy to make
Wonderful the only thing I did different was add canned chicken and it turned out great. Makes a huge batch so I 1/2 the recipe.
I made this recipe as stated and really liked it! Yes, it doesn't have strong, bold flavors as other reviewers have commented, but sometimes that's ok, and in this case, I think it turned out fine. It was a quick, easy meal that was tasty on a busy work night. Will make again for sure!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >