Here in California, we cook out year-round. I grill extra chicken specifically for this quick meal. It's so colorful and fresh-tasting that even our kids love it. —Cindie Ekstrand, Duarte, California
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken strips
- Additional cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the beans, corn, red pepper and onions; set aside.
- Arrange romaine on individual plates; top with bean mixture and chicken. Drizzle with dressing; garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Black Bean Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken and Black Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review