Chicken and Biscuit Bake
"This recipe looks fussy but doesn't take long to assemble...plus it gives me time to put my feet up and read the paper while it bakes," says Gail Cory-Betz of Newport, Washington. "It's nice with just a salad and some fruit."
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons beaten Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash poultry seasoning
- Dash onion powder
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 teaspoon
- beaten egg; stir remaining egg into buttermilk. Add to crumb
- mixture; stir until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times or until smooth. Divide
- dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to
- fit the bottom of a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place in dish.