"This recipe looks fussy but doesn't take long to assemble...plus it gives me time to put my feet up and read the paper while it bakes," says Gail Cory-Betz of Newport, Washington. "It's nice with just a salad and some fruit."
Recommended: 30-Minute Casserole Recipes
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash poultry seasoning
- Dash onion powder
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 teaspoon beaten egg; stir remaining egg into buttermilk. Add to crumb mixture; stir until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times or until smooth. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to fit the bottom of a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place in dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, bouillon, poultry seasoning and onion powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chicken, vegetables and cottage cheese. Pour into baking dish.
- Roll out remaining dough to fit top of dish; place over filling. Brush with reserved egg. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Biscuit Bake in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p56
Reviews for Chicken and Biscuit Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2014
"This was easy to make and tasted good."