Chicken and Bacon Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 2. Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender. Add potatoes, broth and carrots; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 277 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Chicken and Bacon Chowder
"I have made this numerous times and everyone loves it! I always get requests for thr recipe. It is a great weeknight dinner recipe---quick and simple to make, yet restaurant quality taste and presentation."