Chicken and Bacon Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 2. Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender. Add potatoes, broth and carrots; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Bacon Chowder
"I have made this numerous times and everyone loves it! I always get requests for thr recipe. It is a great weeknight dinner recipe---quick and simple to make, yet restaurant quality taste and presentation."